Hello everyone, I was asked recently which full setup nano shrimp starter kits could I recommend and to be honest with you I didn’t hold up much hope of finding any so I did a bit of research and came up with a few good ones.
Some of them are not shrimp safe right off the bat but what I think I will do Is I will list all the tanks specification and the pros and cons and then talk about how we could make them work ..most of them just need a little bit of filter protection to get them usable, so lets get started !!
- Elegant nano glass aquarium with Panorama View
- With all parts necessary to create the ideal living space for shrimps
- With substrate for shrimps, powerful indoor filter and a balanced, full-spectrum, lighting
- Size: 30 x 30 x 35 cm, 30 litres
So this is the Fluval Ebi, the first impression is that it looks the part for a complete set, The tank is 30 liters which is a good enough size to start a decent sized colony of shrimp in.
The tank also comes with Fluval shrimp stratum which is an active soil which will lower the pH of the tank water making it suitable for soft water shrimp.
It also comes with a light, some shrimp food, some minerals and a little extendable shrimp net.
The only problem with the whole setup is the filter, to me, it does not look like it has enough media in it to be efficient at removing pollutants from the tank and on closer inspection, the intakes slots are far too big to be classed as baby shrimp safe
But this could be remedied very cheaply with a pair of woman’s tights pulled over the filter and with some added media.
It also has a pretty nice background included which is a bonus.
Would I buy this Shrimp Kit …Yes, it very reasonably priced for what you get I think and it’s probably the perfect gift to get someone started into shrimp keeping. Check It Out
- three models and two color options
- exquisitely ornamental
- excellent LED lighting that stimulates the growth of plants and emphasizes the natural colors of shrimp and fish
- fully equipped (heater, filter, food)
- an ideal gift
Beautiful little tanks that comes in 3 different sizes 10, 19, and 30 liters respectively. Each set includes a fish tank, a cover glass, a protective sponge mat, a LEDDY SMART PLANT lamp, an internal PAT MINI filter, an automatic heater, and ACTI CRUSTABS shrimp feed.
The only con I can see is that it comes with no substrate which isn’t a huge deal considering all you would need is a few liters of substrate.
I love the light and I love the filter on this little shrimp kit because I think the filter is one of the best on the market.
This one gets a big thumbs up 🙂 Check it out
- 60L Nano Cube
- 38 x 38 x 43cm
- 24W Dennerle Scaper’s Light & Dennerle XL Corner Filter
- Comes complete with 3kg Nano DeponitMix plant nutrient soil & 6kg Sulawesi Black shrimp gravel
- Comes with Glass Cover, Underlay & Black Background Foil
Again another beautiful tank that’s probably suitable for a lot of species of shrimp, it comes with a whopping 9kg of substrate and a pretty decent light set and filter ,all though I am not sure if the filter comes with the necessary attachment to make it shrimp safe so that’s something you should be aware of.
I have seen these tanks in person and they are glorious because they don’t really have corners as such which make them very nice to look at.
The only con I have with this tank setup is the price which I think is a little expensive for what you get. BUT that is relevant to the person buying it, overall this is a good tank setup. Check it out
- COMPLETE WITH HANG-ON FILTERS, GRAVEL & PLASTIC PLANT
- SUITABLE FOR FRESHWATER OR TROPICAL USE (heater required for Tropical)
- CLASSICA Starter Kit is a perfect entry-level aquarium for all ages
- Your first glass fish tank. The next step on from a plastic goldfish bowl.
Now this isn’t your typical shrimp setup up but it can be modified to suit our purpose, This tank would be a good starter tank for someone on a very low budget because it will get you into the hobby.
It does come with a hang on back filter which needs the intake modified to be shrimp safe but you fix this pretty easily.
It doesn’t come with a light as far as I can see but I think this would still be ideal for someone just starting out in the hobby, all you really need is some sand or gravel for a substrate and you would be good to go after cycling. Check it out
- Tc-200 aquarium internal filter included
- Features hood feeding flap
- Ideal for keeping goldfish and/or other cold-water fish
- Fully removable hood
Again another budget range tank that with a few modifications could be turned into a starter cherry shrimp tank.
The filter would need tights pulled up over it to make it safe.
The nice thing about this tank is that it comes in 6 different colors which will be a bonus for a child setup I think .. again a great entry level tank that won’t break the bank.
- Removable Cover
- Integrated Filtration System
- Custom LED lighting
- Efficient water circulation pump
- Three water set up option
I love the look of this tank so much I just bought one, I love the fact that its round which will fit into my little shrimp room nicely.
I have researched the filter and its open on the bottom which means it isn’t shrimp safe but again a pair of woman’s tight will go along with in ensuring the young shrimp come to no harm.. but I will show you this when mines arrive in a YouTube video.
Also, the filter looks like it has a pretty decent capacity for such a small tank, I would imagine you could fill it right up with something like laverock some sponge or some filter wool.
Cons for this is it’s not shrimp ready and you are getting nothing really to do with shrimp but it’s not really a shrimp setup anyways. Check it out
This one also comes in 6 different colors and 3 different sizes
- nano tanks for shrimp or small fish – ideal for beginners
- Curved glass front edge provides an uninterrupted 180° view of your tank and its inhabitants
- ECO-friendly high-performance 3w LED lighting & 250L/h tray filtration system
- Available in 6 colors – Black, White, Green, Blue, Purple and Pink
- Dimensions: 230 x 160 x 275mm / 7 litre volume
Now this is very very small but it does come in larger sizes and it has a built in light and filter in the hood, the filter is powered by a small pump inside the tank from what I can see its not shrimp safe until you cover it with some or some tights (yes I will make a video of this ). Check it out
As a bonus to this article, I shall add a filter that I love (I own 15 of them ) and can be used on many tanks and a small heater to get you started if you need one, If your house is under 20c most of the time then you will need a heater.
For the filter I choose
And the heater
- Thermostat Heater, Precise & Reliable temperature control – With FREE THERMOMETER
- Suitable for aquariums up to 300 liters (dependant on model choice)
- Ideal for Tropical / Marine or Freshwater
- 1.5mm Extra thick Blastproof Glass – Fitted with UK 3 pin plug and 1.5m Cable
I hope this article has been of some use to some of you that read this and If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Below is a related playlist that will help you start your first shrimp tank.